Geometry PowerPoint | Rotations DISTANCE LEARNING
Teachers, save yourself time creating lessons! This fully editable PowerPoint lesson is professionally designed and teaches students the important concepts related to rotations (with center of rotation at origin and non-origin point). The 13-slide lesson is animated for continued student engagement.
Concepts taught in this PowerPoint:
Essential Skills from this lesson:
- definitions and explanations of:
- rigid motion and isometry
- properties preserved under isometries
- properties preserved under dilations (for comparison)
- explanation of clockwise vs. counterclockwise
- rules for common angles of rotations (90, 180, 270)
- examples of how to rotate figures on a coordinate plane with center at origin
- two methods for rotating around a non-origin point
- using patty paper
- using addition & subtraction to apply the rules
- examples and guided practice
View the Preview and Video to see just what you receive in this resource.
Teaching virtually? Face to face? Both?
- Record your voice directly onto the slides and send the file to your students to watch at home as a PowerPoint slideshow. Insert > Audio > Record Audio.
- Use screencast software (Screencastify, Screen Cast-O-Matic, Zoom, Loom, Google Meets) to record yourself sharing your screen. Upload to YouTube and send the links to students.
- Hold a live video session (via Zoom, Google Meets, etc.) with your students and screen share the PowerPoint slide show.
- Record yourself teaching the lesson face to face using the PowerPoint.
- Send the PowerPoint to absent students.
- Use when you have a sub to ensure students are getting quality content even when you aren’t there.
Need guided notes that compliment the PowerPoint? Here you go! These Interactive Notebook Notes use the same format and examples so your students can write the notes as you teach.
My products are always for the first 24 hours. Follow me for the latest product releases and notifications by clicking here!
©Kacie Travis. All rights reserved. Purchase of this unit entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce the pages in limited quantities for classroom use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden without written permission from the publisher. Kacie Travis, Kacie_travis@yahoo.com
Copying any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). These items can be picked up in a google search and then shared worldwide for free.
There are no reviews yet.