Percent Activity Tax, Tip, Sale/Discount Lesson Plan
This lesson plan is an engaging, real-world percent simulation that covers tax, markdowns, gratuities, and estimation.
During this well-planned, relevant lesson students are engaged in a rigorous activity that encourages student dialogue. Students go to three different stations/businesses: fast food restaurant, fancy restaurant, and an apparel store.
- Detailed Lesson Plan
- Bell Work (2 options depending on your students’ prior knowledge)
- Differentiated and Scaffolded Activity Sheets (Version A is for struggling learners and B is for grade level or above)
- Price Tags and Sale signs for store, where they will estimate sale costs
- Restaurant Menus
- Business Signs for each station
- Differentiated and Scaffolded Homework Assignments (Version A is modified and B is grade level or above)
- Pre-made Exit Tickets for your convenience
- Answer Keys for all student work
- Short Constructed Response Writing Prompt with grading rubric
This is a perfect evaluation lesson for an observation by an administrator.
Common Core Standard 7.RP.3 and Standards of Mathematical Practice 1, 3, 5, and 7.
★ BUNDLE AND SAVE ★
Please note! This activity is part of my Percent Bundle. Buy the entire unit and save 20%! Click HERE to check out the bundle!
©Kacie Travis. All rights reserved. Purchase of this unit entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce the pages in limited quantities for classroom use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden without written permission from the publisher. Kacie Travis, Kacie_travis@yahoo.com
Copying any part of this product and placing it on the Internet in any form (even a personal/classroom website) is strictly forbidden and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). These items can be picked up in a google search and then shared worldwide for free.