So, I am new to the blogging world and happy to be diving in! I saw Deanna Jump’s (Mrs. Jump’s Class) post about her summer plans and figured I would join in the fun. Even though summer is still a couple of weeks away for me. So, here are my top ten things I want to do this summer…in no particular order.
1. Hang out with these gorgeous guys all day. These are my twin toddlers, Ben and Jack.
2. Have weekly lunch dates with this handsome hunk. My husband, Derek, and I will celebrate our 8 year anniversary this summer.
3. Decorate and settle in to our new house. We just finished building our new home and have lived in it for a month or so. It is so hard to work full time, have twin toddlers, and find time to unpack and get settled. Thank God for summer break!
4. Be more consistent with my daily quiet time.
“She is clothed in strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” Proverbs 31:25
“Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thessalonians 5:17
5. Go to Branson! My parents, husband, and I are planning a weekend trip for outlet shopping and to take the cuties to Silver Dollar City for their first time! (We are doing close-to-home-cations this summer…see #3 above.)
6. Learn a new curriculum! After 9 years teaching 7th grade Math, I am moving to the high school to teach 10th grade Math. I am not sure of the course yet, but should find out soon. Fingers crossed! (Bye, bye crazy 7th graders…see you in a few years!)
7. Upload all my 7th grade product ideas to TpT (my store). Hopefully, my store will explode this summer. I have a lot of ideas in my head that I would like to get out before I cram in Geometry or Algebra II content.
8. Cook and meal plan more. Unfortunately, I am not very domestic, but since I know it makes my husband happy, I am going to strive to be better about cooking meals. My idea of a homemade meal is Ramen or sandwiches. I can make a mean sandwich. 😉
9. Move into and decorate a new classroom. I take pride in making my classroom inviting and decorated with purpose. I make have to rethink my middle school color scheme, but I want my new room to be perfect for those 10th graders!
10. Do a lot of front (and back) porch sittin’. I hope to find time to relax and just sit.
0 thoughts on “Top Ten Things I Want to do This Summer”
I'm loving your blog! Hope your summer is fabulous! Your twins are adorable. And, I'm in LOVE with your classroom!
Thank you Sarah! It's obviously very new, so I am a little nervous! You're kind words make me feel so much better! Thank you for the compliment on my little guys…they're pretty awesome. And, thanks for the comment on my room…you're so sweet!